Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tribes: Decay Resistant

I am recommending the following series of five 5 minute lectures



about tribes in Afghanistan. I expect that you will find that Steven Pressfield's enthusiasm for his subject makes it a very enjoyable to listen to in addition to it's worth in dispelling any effete notions you may have.

Being buried among a series of tiny url links in a rather long post by Papa Ray at Belmont Club, I fear many club members never saw it. I will emphasize this there.

The title of this thread relates it in part to my post yesterday about Western decay. But don't get me wrong: I am not suggesting a return to tribalism as an antidote to our decline.

What I am suggesting is that the tribes may outlast us if we don't begin to renew our appreciation for the fundamentals that permitted the West to advance as it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats