Thursday, December 09, 2010

Day 25: Watchers for "Excellence in Journalism": NOT

Dammit!

If only they were to quote me IN context, there might yet be hope for the old Fourth Estate.

In an anonymously penned story "Leaked Documents Drive the Online Conversation," it was pointed out
"bloggers that responded largely agreed with [the mainstream press], voicing criticism of Obama and of government overall." 
Basically saying that most stories charged the Obama administration with incompetence in the Wikileaks scandal.

But then the story went on:
Some bloggers chose to blame the media. “It is craven malfeasance that nobody in the Fourth Estate has issued a mea culpa for their failure of duty in service to this republic,” wrote Pascal Fervor.
Well the irony here is so thick there is no way I could let this go by without notice.

This story, published by Journalism.org, "Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism" quoted me out of context. I did not blame the media for Wikileaks, I blamed them for helping elect as president the incompetent Obama.

The rhetorical title of my commentary that day was quite clear Day 14: Are Those Who Hid Obama's Incompetence Blameless? And for the perennial obtuse for whom it was not clear, the opening lines were explicit.
It's been 2 weeks since I asked:

President Obama: What competence have you to prove to the world how you are not The Dilbert Principle President?
So now Wikileaks demonstrates how clueless, weakness, helplessness and impotent, and incompetent Obama has been in office, and it is craven malfeasance that nobody in the Fourth Estate has issued a mea culpa for their failure of duty in service to this republic.
Had Journalism.org reiterated my point, it would have been to emphasize that the media GAVE US the highly praised but unprecedentedly unvetted Obama for whom to vote into office in November 2008.

NO "excellence in journalism" writer. I was not blaming the media for Wikileaks, I was blaming them for hiding Obama's incompetence for so many years.

Again I reiterate for all the blogosphere: your importance as the new fourth estate becomes more real every day the usual suspects scheme to shut you down.

All the Pew's horses and all the Pew's men cannot bring mainstream press's honor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats