***Update: Now $125 thanks to Joan of Argghh!
I've been complaining for some time now that the label Republican In Name Only, and its acronym, RINO, are ineffectual to say the least.
My topmost reason is that a dichotomy exists in the word republican. Conservatives think of republicans as representing the people who elected them, with an eye fixed on protecting and preserving the American constitution with its limits on government and its recognition of personal rights. Progressives think of republicans as elitist and doing what they think is right no matter what the common folk think, and "The Constitution is only a piece of paper."
When conservatives see the
So here's the contest. Come up with a variety of suggestions for an acronym to replace RINO. Here's some guidelines.
- The letters it stands for should be easily understood. It might include words like republican, or subversive, or corrupt, or elite, or evil, or globalist. I don't really know what combination will work, that's why I decided to fund a contest.
- It should be an easy word to repeat.
- It should be fun to repeat. FOOLs or DOPEs would be great if it could be tied to our subversives.
- It should be a word that people will not feel embarrassed using. CRAPO (Corrupt Republican Aiding the Puppet Obama) for instance seems to me not ready for prime time.
- It should be a word that penetrates the hide of an arrogant SOB.
- It should be timeless. When Obama is out of Office, a word like CRAPO will lose any punch it might have had (if it ever did.)
- It may or may not have a good image associated with it. RINOs has rhinos. ASPs (All Sell-out Politicians) has serpents.
- Enter as often as the muse inspires you, but do not spam.
- Most of all, have fun inventing this new acronym. If you win, that's a bonus.
- Post all suggestions in the comments. Email me only if your comment does not appear. It may have gone to moderation or spam. Blogger has done both without my knowledge.
I'll decide which new acronym gets $100 from me.
My decision is final.
Currently in the lead is SKUNCs.
Statists Knowingly Undermining National Charters
It has great imagery, is clean both up-front and underlying, and also picks on how all contemporary subversives appear to be globalists.
Bonus: no pol likes being known as a skunk even if they secretly don't mind at all.
Contest ended January 31, 2011.
And the Winner is "SKUNC".
PF is grateful to blog owners who have endorsed this campaign.