Thursday, June 30, 2011

Being a Complete Dick: WH Cool with Halperin's Suspension

Mark Halperin Suspended Indefinitely from MSNBC



If someone posts a list of people and their comments about Bush that were more rotten, yet MSNBC did nothing to the speakers, I'll happily link them here.

I'd like to add the examples to my Statist Tools: Inconsistencies log (found in my sidebar).


What authoritarians cannot tolerate is the truth spoken of them.

Late addition:
Mark Halperin's excessive obsequiousness in apologizing to Obama suggests he knows how much danger he is in. It's a performance that stirs memory of the fearfulness of subjects under the Soviet Union.

His overwrought display of contrition for daring to say a belittling word of our president -- not our dictator yet -- seems staged. It's as if Mr. Helperin is helping set the new high standard for decorum towards any president of these United States.

This, my friends, is why we must speak out boldly now, as Americans have always done, as I have done with my headline. Were the entire dextrosphere to agree that Obama is indeed behaving like a dick, especially in forcing Mr. Halperin to go through this unseemly spectacle of obsequious contrition for a minor disparagement of this very dangerous marionette currently occupying the White House, maybe we can buy some more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats