Sunday, March 27, 2011

Too Late? Part 2

Part 1 left me so despondent -- because nobody seems to care -- that I hardly commented anywhere last week, and did not write a new entry here for 7 days. That's a severe cutback on my output over the last 4 months or so.

This week I again point to two more who are catching up to the realization of which yours truly has been warning for a very long time.  They have a much larger audience than moi, so pray many more will also wake up. In the two related reports below you will see that at the least the people I'm highlighting are recognizing that the goals of, and legalistic policies thereby derived from, extreme environmentalists could not be any more misanthropic were that their intent.

Dennis Prager, in Thursday's second hour ("Corn is the New DDT"), commented on the report, as it appeared in the UK's Independent, about current chairman and former CEO of Nestlé, Peter Brabeck-Letmathe: "Biofuel policy is causing starvation, says Nestlé boss."

I recommend reading most of the link in order to understand the following plea by Mr. Brabeck-Letmathe. It is one with which I could not agree more.

"It is absolutely immoral to push hundreds of millions of people into hunger and into extreme poverty because of such a policy, so I think – I insist – no food for fuel."

Sadly, few understand that the Sus worshiping misanthropes responsible for the food-to-fuel diversion policy have a new morality, so Mr. Brabeck-Letmathe's words will surely fall on deaf ears. From what I can surmise, his calling them immoral is greeted with a knowing laugh similar to that of SKUNCs when they hear themselves called RINOs. "Of course we're moral, just not in the defunct Judeo-Christian way."

Mr. Prager's final comment comes very close to agreeing with me. The difference remains in that he seems unwilling to challenge them as to what they are up to.

"If the story is true, and I believe it is true, the policy is indeed immoral, leads to death and starvation. But for environmentalists, 'people are a bane on the planet anyway, and so what?' That may not be in their heart, but that is what their policies connote."
Please, Mr. Prager, use your microphone to press the question:
"Environmentalists and Liberals -- what is really in your heart?"

Why do I have the horrible feeling Mr. Prager will never press that question?

5 comments:

  1. Pasc,
    I commented here.
    Where did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Ed. It's not in moderation or spam. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked my referrer log. I shows you opened a comment form two days ago, but it doesn't show you ever registering a second hit. That contrasts with what you submitted today which shows you accessing the comment form and then again when it registered the post's ID.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well. I was just saying I like the new format of your blog.
    Also that I don't always comment when I visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ed. The primary reason I switched formats was to allow the reaction survey to show up (it remained hidden for the last 6 months because the old format didn't handle it).

    The other nice feature was that I could now include my own photo for a backdrop. Pascal was the ultimate French individualist rebelling against corrupt authority, and died too early (at 39) maybe because of enemies. At the top of the citadel's steeple shown here is St Michael slaying the serpent. That citadel was never conquered from without all through the middle ages, despite repeated and prolonged sieges. God situated that isle surrounded by a tidal plane that floods, too shallow for naval vessels, and then recedes leaving mud flats that defeated all sorts of siege engines. I find all that imagery and history quite appealing. I wonder if I should write more about it?

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats