Monday, September 13, 2010

Self-Satirizing? -- Maybe not

 "Because you don't watch TV, you need to know what your neighbor is watching." -- from memory of an Ad for TV Guide that appeared some time in the late '70s or early '80s.

My memory of that advertisement needs not to perfect for you to fully comprehend its implied warning.
"TV is influencing your life whether you watch it or not, so you need to know what that influence is." 
 With that same thought in mind, I recommend that you watch the following video (h/t Wretchard) for its jaw-dropping bias and stupidity -- and warning. I initially thought this was a skit on SNL or The Daily Show.


[The above video was terminated by youtube, its original address http://www.youtube.com/v/J_JtHwK7Yys. Being prepared for when YouTube might remove it, I left here the key words to Google: "Morning Joe refuses to interview pastor." I subsequently found it at LiveLeak]

Most troubling: I have heard words from extended family members that echoed those uttered by the moron (Donnie?) who dominates that last segment of the clip from MSNBC.

If ever there was an unfair, one-side-censored fight for the minds of the American people, I don't believe I've seen one that was worse -- yet.

MSNBC has definitely earned its lowest of the low ratings, but it does not mean that others are not parroting what they are saying due to feeds from other less off-the-wall sources. That they are still broadcasting and paying high salaries to these nuts is proof enough that they are being heavily subsidized at a loss by GE and Microsoft at whatever level each is on the hook to pitch in. Where Corporate Statism is helped in its advance by tax law, it isn't a long way from the existence of MSNBC to an overt creation of and direct Govt payments for an Orwellian Ministry of Truth. [In later years Pascal Fervor began using Agency of Lies because he saw that we were not an Orwellian world quite yet, and felt it best that he speak the truth while he still could. He also used the acronym SKUNCs instead of RINOs for much the same reason.-- ed.]

I am speaking out as I have never done before, and take a pounding as a result. The overall pounding will be worse down the road if I don't speak up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats