Sunday, January 13, 2013

Heh! "I Thought You Were Smarter Than That"

  1. Pascal on 13/13/13 at 11:52 pm
     
    I’ve long asserted that it’s obviously good business for those who love government to protect the criminal in a variety of ways. The more criminal activity there is, the more excuses are available to increase government power – ostensibly, of course, “to protect the public.”
     
    You now find that a Lefty rag has actually aided and abetted criminal activity, and you are shocked? I thought you were smarter than that.

Back last August I posted about The Most Dreadful Phrases. And today I chose to use one of those phrases when I left the above comment at JWF's Home on Journal News Gun List Burglarized, Gun Safe Targeted.

So what's the reason for my "Heh" in the post title that introduced my closing phrase in the above comment?

Because I really wasn't aiming my comment at Jammie, nor even at the state senator he quoted.

My comment "I thought you were smarter than that" was aimed at the American citizen. You who either believe that all the folks in government are well meaning public servants; or you who fail to drive the point home to family and friends that:
  • everyone in public office must be kept on a short leash and never ever trusted out of our sight. 
  • And as far as protecting the public goes -- remember that they will always protect themselves first until proven differently in each and every instance. 
  • Previous good performance is no guarantee of future good behavior.

Furthermore. Remember the 10th Amendment to the Constitution. That one is not solely about your rights; not that one. It actually implies you Mr. and Ms. American have a major responsibility.

You've got a call on the red phone.
The Social Contract is calling.

1 comment:

View My Stats