Sunday, March 15, 2015

Thirty Years: Yikes!

It was only yesterday that the Los Angeles Marathon began. Yet here it is, the 30th. It always starts near my home at about 7AM and thus it is hard to go anywhere until they open the streets again. This year, because of the route, I would have had to go 3-4 miles North If I wanted to take my car to the other side of the freeway!

This picture -- of later runners entering my neighborhood -- is the nearest overpass over that freeway.
30th L.A. Marathon at Edgeware over US 101
Update: It is actually 30 events and only 29 years.

It's a matter of discrete events beginning with the number 1 and called the first.
Ordinal numbers, not anniversaries of birth.

Still, it seems like yesterday that L.A. thought they oughta follow the lead of other major cities for a change rather than be the trend setter. LOL for the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats