I have had enough. I do not think I am alone. So let me remind you again that Reagan said we do not have to accept the false notion of Left or Right; that we need to recognize there is really only an Up or Down.
Up to individual freedom, consistent with law and order, or Down to the ant-heap of totalitarianism.
Yesterday I labeled myself with the Ups. And I identified the enemy of us Ups and labeled them as the Downs.
Upsider is my label today (and may yet change again). Downers is what I may like for all time for all enemies of individual liberty.
That aside, here is today's news report exposing another of the negative effects on human life by the Downers. This time it was one life, tomorrow it could be more as we continue to let them run roughshod over all our values by force of arms.
LAX security officer bled for 33 minutes as help stood by, report says
An airport security officer lay helplessly bleeding after a gunman opened fire at Los Angeles International Airport as paramedics waited 150 yards away because police had not declared the terminal safe to enter, according to two law enforcement officials.
It would be 33 minutes before Transportation Security Administration Officer Gerardo Hernandez, who was about 20 feet from an exit, would be wheeled out by police to an ambulance, said the officials, who were briefed on the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity because the probe was still ongoing into the Nov. 1 shooting.
For all but five of those minutes, there was no threat from the suspected gunman -- he had been shot and was in custody, they said.
How many ways was this one human death unnecessary and how many was it indeed necessary?
Necessary in that:
- the Downers want and have used this death as an excuse to clamp down on citizens rights some more
- the Downers want more TSA armed despite the reports of their agents' unpunished misconduct.
- the Downers wanting the TSA to adopt even more of an Us versus Them attitude.
- the Downers undoubtedly want more than this, and I and my commenters reserve the right to call them on it yet.
- The help was not "standing by," they were prevented by the law officers compelled by Downer rules of engagement.
- Even armed volunteers were prevented from retrieving the bleeding man by orders of the Downers.
- Downers had offered no "medic" style training for rescuing wounded. Still don't. Disgusting.
- Downers have repeatedly hid behind their SSM built consensus that prevents non-felonious citizens from being armed in the first place.
- "Gunfree" zones are respected only by the law-abiding and sane Downers know this to be true.
- I reserve the right to add to this list as they occur to me or my commenters.